Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Homework 10

1. Robotics could be very applicable to holography. For one, the use of robots could be very helpful in the manufacture of holographic devices. Also, depending on the advancement of artificial intelligence, robots could be used to provide new ideas on the use or development of holography. Lastly, robots themselves could be integrated to have holographic displays.

2. My presentation begins with a focus on the current holographic technologies available, and how they work. It then discusses what is in store for it in the near future. Lastly, I discuss possible applications for this technology, effects on society, and how TRIZ 40 principles could aid in the development of it.

3. I have done research on the most common forms of holograms available to us today. These are the sometimes green or reflective images found on credit cards or packages, such as DVDs. They are very simple, basically consisting of images laid over each other. I also found out more on the different types of holograms. One of these is holographic projection. This is not a true hologram, rather a projection onto a bounce screen. This image is then seen on Mylar film. This works to give the appearance of a hologram without actually being one. I have added how this works to my presentation, including a video link for it. Other research I did resulted in finding out more about other types of holograms. The latest emerging one is holographic stereograms. This is what I truly invision when I think of a hologram. This is what is commonly seen in the Star Wars film. This technology requires the bending of light to produce the image. Additional things I have added to my presentation are the applications of this emerging technology. They could be used for such things as NASCAR driver training, Martial Arts sparring partners, weather studies, overcoming public speaking fears, holographic modeling, entertainment and video games, and possibly replacing Wal-Mart greeters.

Word count: 212

No comments:

Post a Comment